Protecting Your Investment
We recommend that you reseal your countertops once per year if they do not have a permanent sealer already applied. Clean your stone surfaces with a cleaner specifically made for stone or a mild liquid dishwashing detergent and warm water. Using too much cleaner or soap may leave a film and cause streaks. Rinse surfaces thoroughly after washing with the soap solution and dry with a soft cloth. When using any product made for stone cleaning or sealing directions must be followed carefully and precisely.
- Use any product containing vinegar, bleach, ammonia or general purpose cleaners.
- Use cleaners that contain acid, such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners, of tub and tile cleaner.
- Use abrasive cleaners, such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers.
- Use alkaline cleaners not specifically formulated for natural stone.
- Place hot pots or portable appliances (electric frying pans, deep fat fryers, etc.) directly on stone surfaces. (Coffee pots and toasters are generally not a heat problem source). Engineered quartz-based stones cannot tolerate anything above 120*F.
- Use Coasters under glasses, especially if they contain alcohol or citrus juices.
- Use trivets or mats under hot dishes or cookware.
- Dust countertops, islands, and vanities frequently.
- Blot up spills immediately to minimize the potential of permanent damage to the stone.
- Reseal countertops at least once a year with professional sealer made for stone use.
- Blot any spills with a paper towel or a soft cloth immediately. Don’t wipe the area, as it will spread the spill. Flush area with plain water, mild soap and rinse several times. Dry the area thoroughly with a soft cloth. Repeat as necessary.
- If the stone is stained, identifying the type of stain on the stone is the key to removing it.
- It is best to check with a stone professional for the correct procedure to remove the stain. There are many do-it-yourself products available with instructions for removing stains, but instructions must be followed very carefully. And again, it is best to consult a professional prior to attempting to remove any stain. After any stain removal procedure it is advisable to wash thoroughly with a mild liquid dishwashing detergent or stone cleaner, rinse, dry and reseal countertops.
Products & Services
Your countertops & satisfaction are our number one priority. We offer the following to keep ALL of your natural stone surfaces looking their absolute best.
Cleaners & Sealers
We have a wide selection of cleaning products, problem solvers and penetrating sealers available for purchase at all of our Tile America locations.
Dry-Treat Permanent Sealer
Dry-Treat Permanent Sealer is a permanent, one-time sealer for your countertops. We apply it to your granite countertops after we deep-steam clean and inspect your countertops for any chips, cracks or loose seams. It can be applied at time of installation or on existing countertops. This service is for granite only and cannot be used on engineered quartz, marble, limestone or soapstone.
The Benefits of Dry-Treat
- Permanent, one time treatment
- Provides an invisible barrier against stains from liquids, foods, oil & grease
- Surface retains a natural look & feel
- Makes cleaning easier
- Helps prevent mold and mildew
- Lifetime transferable warranty!